Re: HAL: camera

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 05:40, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2004 03:53, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > According to the HAL spec, the 'camera' capability is for still-image
> > cameras.  Shouldn't it perhaps be that 'camera' is for any kind of
> > digital camera, and have the capabilities 'camera.image', 'camera.audio'
> > and 'camera.movie', or something of that nature?  Even many still-image
> > cameras these days also support movies.  'camera' doesn't just mean
> > still images, and it's likely apps will want to differentiate between
> > still image, video, and mixed-mode cameras.
>
> What about other sources for still images or video?
> (scanners, TV inou grabber, DVB interface cards)

Hmm, those too should perhaps be different capabilities, or sub
capabilities?  The interfaces used for scanners are different than those
used for digital cameras, so again apps need to be able to
differentiate.

I guess like as was said, we just need to define more capabilities as we
find them, and make sure the HAL devs know so they can get them added to
the next spec revision.  :)

> Cheers,
> Kevin
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.