xvfb

SATISH RAMANATHAN r_sat at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 16:02:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a quick, may be silly, question.
My Linux (that runs on RHEL, RH8) application requires Xvfb be installed and
running on the user machine.  And we are coming across cases where not all
the user machines have Xvfb installed by default.  I believe Xvfb is not
part of the standard package,though it comes with the CD.  I would like to
know if it is okay to package and ship the xvfb binary along with my
application.  Are there any issues(technical, legal,...) that I need to
consider before doing this?

Thanks in advance,
-Satish