Dual Monitor Setup Radeon 7000 on Redhat 9

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Mon Nov 29 13:05:18 UTC 2004

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:05:30 -0800 (PST), Norbinn Rodrigo
> <webdevlasvegas at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Can you point me to the correct install document for xorg 6.8.1 on Redhat
>>9?:
>>xorg 6.8.x is the latest
>>

> you can probably just grab a binary or source tarball from x.org,
> although they may be hosted on freedesktop.org which is currently down
> at the moment.  if you search around you may also find someone how
> made an rpm for rh9.

The current rawhide xorg-x11 src.rpm should require very little
modification to get building and running on RHL 9 I believe.  You
will need to first upgrade freetype to FC2 or later (it needs
freetype 2.1.7 or newer).  You might need a few other upgrades
also, but nothing springs to mind.

Since Red Hat Linux 9 is unsupported for ages now though, and wont
be getting any security or other bugfix updates from Red Hat, I
strongly recommend upgrading the OS to Fedora Core 2 or 3 instead
however.