[zanata-users] Usage Question: I have a patch

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 01:46:57 UTC 2011

Hi Bryan,

On 08/10/2011 01:05 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> I have a lifecycle question. For my zanata server, I have no idea if
> anyone is doing translations on the files I have uploaded.

As a workaround, you can see the stats against a project (View Status),
or export PO files and diff them over time.  But you're right, in some
ways it's a bit hard to see what's happening inside Zanata.  Feel free
to submit a feature request in bugzilla if you have a suggestion.

> The community
> has given me a patch. I am not a translator, so there is no way for me
> to take the patch and apply it in zanata.

> If I apply the patches locally, and then upload the PO files, will I
> blow away any work done on the sevrer?

As of Zanata 1.3, you can just push the PO files, and the server will
merge in any new strings.  Any empty translations, or old translations,
will be ignored.

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer