[zanata-users] Questions around setting up zanata using the python clients

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 00:46:47 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 11:16 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 05/27/2011 09:09 AM, Grant Gainey wrote:
>>

>> Interesting - I thought gettext wanted a layout like
>>
>> foo.pot
>> es
>>   \ foo.po
>> fr
>>   \ foo.po
>> de
>>   \ foo.po
>>
>> I guess I "assumed" that layout was dictated by gettext - not so?

> IANOAGTM
>
> (I am not a get text master) but we have java and a python project which
> has them flat. I have ruby project which uses the directory structure.
>
> -- bk

Gettext's own tool xgettext generates the flat structure (all pot and po
files in one directory).  The directory structure (with one directory
per locale) is what Zanata calls the publican layout.

The Maven client can't push the flat structure at present (no demand for
it so far), but the Python client can:

$ zanata po push

The directory structure can be pushed with either client:

$ zanata publican push
$ mvn zanata:publican-push

--
Sean Flanigan