[zanata-users] Questions around setting up zanata using the python clients

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 01:23:47 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 12:54 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:

> ok.. for whatever reason I could not do this...
>
> zanata po push --src  . --import-po

I don't think --src is one of the options.  Try this to see the options:
zanata help po push

> but I could do this...
>
> zanata po push --srcdir  . --import-po
>
> and it worked.

Note that --srcdir only changes the directory for source files, ie POT
files.  You need --transdir or --dir if you want to change the directory
for PO files.  (I think it would have looked in ./po for the PO files.)

> I think there is some clean python client to make it a bit more user
> friendly.

We should have better documentation (ie a manual) for the clients
soon...ish.  But any suggestions for the console help would be
appreciated.  I guess it would be a start to make sure all the default
values were listed in the help.  James?

> One last thing.. it appears since my directory is flat.. i seem to need
> to do the followig to get the po files out into my current directory:
>

> zanata po pull --dir ..
>
> is that correct?

The default is to look in ./po, so yes, you do have to override it in
your case (or you could run "zanata po pull" from the parent directory
if the target directory is named "po").  If your directory is not named
"po", then I'm not sure why that worked for you.

--dir specifies the base directory for POT and PO files, so POT/PO files
may be written to this directory, or to pre-determined subdirectories of
it.  (I think PO files go to {--dir}/po.)

You *should* be able to use: "zanata po pull --dstdir .", but there's a
bug in the option handling.

James, please look at my comments on
https://github.com/zanata/zanata-python-client/commit/f9f2be623d7d7b48379237f4ba7ac0cca8bf59e9#commitcomment-412404

--