[zanata-users] problems with po files for subscription-manager/candlepin

David Mason damason at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 03:10:04 UTC 2012

Hi Adrian,

The validations currently in Zanata 1.5 (release aimed for late February) will help translators to avoid most of these problems, such as mismatched newlines and format specifiers. We have yet to add a validation for java style format strings, but it appears there is a need here so we could look at adding that for the next point release.

I have not seen any of the header field warnings running msgfmt -c on po files from the 1.5 test machines, so it's likely this problem will also go away with the next release. If you copy the offending headers and your fixes in a reply I'll do more directed testing to ensure they will not cause problems after 1.5 is released.

Cheers,

David Mason
Software Engineer
L10n Engineering