[zanata-users] Project-Id-Version should be set to...?

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 03:25:17 UTC 2012

I don't think that field is used for anything much, or it would be an error.

Zanata presently generates that value by copying the header from the POT
file (after a cycle of zanata push; zanata pull).

Depending on how you generate the POT files, you can probably change the
Project-Id-Version in the POT.  With xgettext, see the options
--package-name and --package-version.

If you like, you could submit a Zanata RFE to generate
Project-Id-Version from Zanata's project slug and version slug (only
when Project-Id-Version still has the initial default "PACKAGE VERSION").