[zanata-users] Questions about project management .

Carlos Munoz camunoz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 23:16:31 UTC 2013

Hi Greg,

You can manage Projects, versions and users once you log in to the
system. Projects and versions can be created by any user (the user who
creates a project will automatically become the project maintainer).

Users may be added only by system administrators (any user with the
'admin' role basically). To do this, you just need to go to the
Administration section (in the latest Zanata version this is under
'More' -> 'Administration').

Zanata does offer User, Project and version management via its REST API,
but the preferred way to do it is as explained above.

About your second question. When pushing your source files using the
maven plugin, the plugin will identify the documents that need to be
added or removed from the server (that's why you get a warning). If by
any reason you remove a file and later want to re-add it, zanata will do
so and will keep it's history as well. I suggest you take a look at
which documents are being included in your plugin configuration (in the
pom or command line args) and make sure zanata is collecting all the
right ones.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Regards,

Carlos A. Munoz
Senior Software Engineer
Engineering - Internationalisation