[zanata-users] Change default listening address and port

Nghia Duong nghia.duong at crossknowledge.com
Wed Sep 4 12:44:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy the Zanata 3.0.2 standalone server that I downloaded
as a .zip from the official page.

Everything seems to work fine so far, except that Zanata (or the JBoss
server) listens on 127.0.0.1:8080 by default. Hence it is impossible to
access the web application from elsewhere than from the host computer
itself.

While greping around, I found that the address was hard-coded in more than
one configuration files domain.xml, host.xml, host-master.xml,
host-slave.xml (all in the domain/configuration folder).

My question is: is there a clean way (= a configuration option only to be
modified once) to change the default address on which the server listens?

I am already hosting a Zanata 3.0.0 development snapshot and it seems to
"know" the right address to listen on so that the web application can be
accessed from outside. But since the folder structures has obviously
changed a lot, I can't find where this option was set in Zanata 3.0.0.

Thanks in advance,

Nghia