[zanata-users] List-forking. A clarification about Zanata admin rights

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 05:20:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

Isaac pointed out, rightfully so, that hijacking a self-introduction
thread was poor form.

<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2013-September/011034.html>
mentions:

"For the coordinator of each language team who has not yet gained the
admin privilege of your language team in ZANATA, please contact Issac,
me or Red Hat employees of your language team. We will be happy to grant
the admin privilege to you. (You must to be current coordinator on the
team list.)"

So, if I break it down, if I were seeking admin access to
Bengali(India), I'd have to write in to either:

- Isaac
- Noriko
- Or, whoever in my language team is also a Red Hat employee

The clarification I seek is about this third actor. How is it that a
Red Hat employee, who may be a contributor to my language, is by
default able to grant me (a non Red Hat employee) admin access?

As I mentioned at
<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2013-September/011054.html>,

"Usually, for other systems that I am familiar with, when a member of
the language community
desires admin access as a coordinator of the language, they write to
the admin of the infrastructure/ticketing system. In this case, it
appears to be otherwise. So, I wanted to know if there is a plan to
change the system that you have in place with something else."

Additionally, could you also clarify if Zanata uses "admin" and,
language coordinator as synonyms? Translation Content Management
systems prefer the latter than the former. Admin is usually reserved
for those who have access to the infrastructure.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>