[zanata-users] List-forking. A clarification about Zanata admin rights

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 06:40:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Sean Flanigan <sflaniga at redhat.com> wrote:

> Being a Red Hat employee doesn't grant anyone special privileges in
> Zanata, but I suppose the first language team member is likely to be a
> team coordinator and the first language team member is also likely to be
> from Red Hat.

Perhaps not entirely accurate. Unless Zanata (in the shape of
translate.zanata.org) plans to limit the language/locale support to
the 22 or, 24 that Red Hat supports as part of Red Hat products. There
is a wide array of locales/languages which may be attracted to use
Zanata as their platform. This entire conversation has been intended
to point out that the "actors to contact" as listed in Noriko's email
could be replaced by a list of team-coordinators or, language
administrators who can bless a new contributor with an appropriate
role. The paragraph you write below seems to indicate that this
workflow exists. So, the "contact individuals" workflow can be
considered redundant.

You do have the choice of calling me a pedant. However, the more
inclusive and less restrictive an infrastructure project (like Zanata)
is, the more dead-simple it makes team formation, the faster is the
adoption and update. But you already know all of this ...

> If you want to volunteer for the coordinator role, you can click
> "Contact Language Team Coordinators" and send a request.  If there are
> any existing coordinators, it will go to them, otherwise this will go to
> an admin mailing list.  A team coordinator, or any admin, can make
> another team member into a coordinator for that team.

/s