[zanata-users] List-forking. A clarification about Zanata admin rights

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 06:11:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com> wrote:
> The first language team member is, in most case, Red Hat translator.
> And they usually have been contributing Fedora localization activity as
> Fedora translator, thus maintaining closer communication with their Fedora
> community language teams. Naturally they know who to be granted the
> coordinator privilege, and who not to e granted.

I mentioned this in my reply to Sean and, I'll repeat this again.

The above assumption holds (and, that too somewhat tenuously) only if
you are considering - [i] languages for which Red Hat has a translator
on-staff and has published support assurances and, [ii] for those
projects which are included in Fedora/RHEL and thus has an on-staff
member picking up to the first contributor.

There are a larger set of locales and languages which are supported by
Zanata out-of-the-box and, for which Zanata could be the platform of
choice. Having the Isaac/Noriko/RHT-employee-you-know is then a
restrictive practice. You should perhaps take a look at how other
large projects handle this and adopt what works.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>