[zanata-users] zanata cli failing on Fedora 20

Patrick Huang pahuang at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 23:55:39 UTC 2014

Hi Bryan,

I created a VM this morning using f20 image and install zanata-client freshly. It works fine for me (push and pull). I suspect this update https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-22287/antlr-2.7.7-29.fc20?_csrf_token=303d369ab22698451209e15e3873492b9c0d5b65 may be the fix of the error. You may try yum update and see if it will fix your problem.

Like Carlos suggested, you may try ivy client which will not suffer such dependencies issue. Fedora will update individual packages independently and we have no control if our dependencies get updated or have bug. The downside of ivy client is you will have to keep track of updating it yourself but since you are just a light user it should be fine to stick with an older version. We are looking into providing a better solution for client in Fedora.

Regards,

Patrick Huang
Senior Software Engineer
Engineering - Internationalisation