[zanata-users] Unwanted insertion of escape character when pulling utf8properties from Zanata

Alessandro Portosa alessandro.portosa at eng.it
Thu Jan 15 10:01:35 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I manage to use and run an instance of Zanata server. I use it to
translate Java Properties (UTF-8 Encoding), which are also synchronized
with my svn repository. To be short, the architecture is something like
this: "Zanata Server" <-zanata-cli-> "Working Copy" <-svn-> "Code
Repository". Everything seems to work great, except for one thing. Look
at thes exported properties.

Source file en_US (pushed on Zanata via zanata-cli)
9016 = The field %0 must be an alphanumeric string (letters and numbers
with other character such as parenthesis and -_;:!?,./)
Translation file it_IT which (1) has been pushed and (2) then pulled
9016=Il campo %0 deve essere una stringa alfanumerica (lettere e numeri
con altri caratteri quali parentesi e -_;\:\!?,./)

I can't figure it out why Zanata has added "\" to "!" and ":", anche why
only at these two character.
Any help?

Thanks,
Alessandro.