[zanata-users] Import project: how to upload already translated languages

Patrick Huang pahuang at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 23:46:05 UTC 2015

Hello Fernando,

I suspect you are getting the trans-dir option (in zanata.xml it's <trans-dir> and if given by maven argument it's -Dzanata.transDir) wrong. Take a look at this mail thread https://www.redhat.com/archives/zanata-users/2015-April/msg00010.html

When you push, it will log out all the information. For example:
[INFO] Zanata command: push
[INFO] Server: https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/
[INFO] Project: zanata-server
[INFO] Version: master
[INFO] Username: pahuang
[INFO] Project type: properties
[INFO] Source language: en-US
[INFO] Copy previous translations: true
[INFO] Merge type: auto
[INFO] Enable modules: false
[INFO] Include patterns: zanata-war/src/main/resources/messages.properties
[INFO] Exclude patterns:
[INFO] Case sensitive: true
[INFO] Default excludes: true
[INFO] Exclude locale filenames: true
[INFO] Pushing source and target documents
[INFO] Locales to push: [ar, as, bg, bn-IN, ca, cs, da, de-CH, de-DE, el, en-GB, es-ES, es-MX, fa, fi, fr, gu, he, hi, hr, hu, id, is, it, ja, kn, ko, lv, ml, mr, ms, nb, nl, or, pl, pt-PT, pt-BR, ru, si, sk, sr-Cyrl, sr-Latn, sv, ta-IN, te, th, tr, uk, zh-Hans-CN, zh-Hant-TW(zh-TW-Hant), af, am, az, bn-BD, cy, eo, et, eu, ga, gl, ka, lt, nn, ro, sl, sq, vi, ast, bs, nds, ky, la, mn, tl, xh, pa, mai, es, de, brx, ta, br, kk]
[INFO] Current directory: /home/pahuang/work/root/server
[INFO] Source directory (originals): /home/pahuang/work/root/server
[INFO] Target base directory (translations): /home/pahuang/work/root/server
[INFO] Found source documents:
[INFO] zanata-war/src/main/resources/messages

Take a look at your "Target base directory (translations):" value. For each found source document, Zanata will expect its translation file to be at "trans-dir + found source document relative path + plus locale + plus file extension". e.g. for translation file of our messages.properties document in de-DE, it will expect to see a file under "/home/pahuang/work/root/server/zanata-war/src/main/resources/messages_de_DE.properties". http://docs.zanata.org/projects/zanata-client/en/latest/ has more detail information. Let me know if you still couldn't work out how to get it to work.

Regards,
Patrick Huang
Senior Software Engineer
Engineering - Internationalisation