[zanata-users] How to configure the "rules" section of the zanata.xml

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 01:57:58 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

> Hi !
> My name is Axel Rousseau, i'm member of the esperanto team to translate KDE.

> I need some help to configure my zanata.xml to find my .po files
> I've a lot of files to translate and the name of the file is :
> my_path/my_file.po
> (and not my_path/my_file/locale.po)
> i don't understand how to configure the rules tag in the zanata.xml file
> I read the documentation here : http://zanata.org/help/cli/cli-configuration/
> and i don't understand the example :
> <rules>
> <rule pattern="**/pot/*.pot">{locale}/{path}/{filename}.po</rule>
> <rule pattern="**/po/*.pot">{path}/{locale_with_underscore}.po</rule>
> </rules>
> what's mean the pattern ?
> why are they 2 lines ? (**/pot/*.pot and **/po/*.pot) ?

The first line is for podir (documentation like projects)
The second line is for conventional gettext project, like GNU Tar and most of other FOSS software.

> I success to upload (push) with the zanata-cli the source files (the .pot
> files), but i didn't succes to push the translation files (the .po)

> here are my zanata.xml file :
> <config xmlns=" http://zanata.org/namespace/config/ ">
> <url> https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/ </url>
> <project>kde-eo</project>
> <project-version>kdeedu</project-version>
> <project-type>gettext</project-type>
> <src-dir>templates/messages/kdeedu</src-dir>
> <trans-dir>eo/messages/kdeedu</trans-dir>
> <locales>
> <locale>eo</locale>
> </locales>
> <rules>
> ??? what should i write here ???
> </rules>
> </config>

> and my files are like :
> eo/messages/kdeedu/kalzium.po
> eo/messages/kdeedu/artikulate.po

We also need your source file (.pot)
If you can provide the source repository URL, we can provide further help.
(I kinda feel that your life might get easier if you use project-type "podir")

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC