[zanata-users] Disable some feature for end users

Patrick Huang pahuang at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 00:34:39 UTC 2015

Hello Alessandro,

At the moment Zanata do not offer a way to disable API usage except for
admin. It requires some code changes. If you are comfortable making java
code changes (and build it) then I can point you to the right direction (in
theory it's quite simple). If you are ok with it, let me know which version
of Zanata you are using I may give you a diff file to apply.
For project creation, like Alex said, if you upgrade to newer version, then
only user with project creator role can create projects.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 8:26 PM, Alessandro Portosa <
alessandro.portosa at eng.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> do you know how (and if) is possible to disable some feature from a Zanata
> private (but open) installation. I would avoid mainly two things:
>
>    - API usage for end user. Only admins should use API. This could be
>    achive by disabling the API key generation, but I'm not sure how to do it.
>    - New project creation for end user. I work for a open source project
>    made by several modules and we are opening their internationalization to
>    the end users. Our modules are pretty standard so there is no need to allow
>    creation of new project. In fact the translation for the modules that
>    already exist (created by us) are then sync with the source code repository
>    via api-client. It is possible to disable this feature (New Project
>    creation) as well?
>
> Thanks!
> Alessandro

Patrick Huang