[zanata-users] Zanata REST - PUT 403 forbidden

Patrick Huang pahuang at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 23:50:19 UTC 2016

Hi Haris,

The message means, you need to be the project maintainer to be able to do
that operation. I suppose you have set mergeType=import (which means, it
will override what's on the server with your translation). That operation
is potentially dangerous as it will wipe out the work. Therefore we require
higher privilege. On the other hand, mergeType=auto (the default if you
don't specify it), will check for each translation, whether it appears in
the translation history. If it is, Zanata assumes you are trying to upload
a obsolete translation and will skip it. It's generally considered to be
safer. Your user can do this operation without problem.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Alex Eng <aeng at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Haris,
>
> You mentioned you use web to execute the "POST" request.
> What sort of authentication you use for that request?

Patrick Huang
Senior Software Engineer
Engineering - Internationalisation
Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd