[zanata-users] using rules in zanata.xml to replace cli includes argument

Scott Dickerson sdickers at redhat.com
Fri May 6 19:40:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

In my multi-module maven project I have a bunch of properties files that
need to be translated and a bunch that do not.  So far, the files to
include have been explicitly specified via the includes command line
argument (or the same argument in my root pom.xml).

My question is, can I replace the includes list with a set of rules in
zanata.xml?  It would be great to encapsulate all of the zanata
configurations in zanata.xml and not have to rely on a shell script or
config in pom.xml.

The current include list looks like this:

    <includes>
          moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/messages.properties,

moduleA/src/main/resources/another/path/CommonConstants.properties,
          moduleB/src/main/resources/path2/SpecificConstants.properties,
          moduleC/src/main/resources/path3/ConsoleErrors.properites
    </includes>

I've tried a few combinations of putting those paths in rule patterns or
rule bodies along with the substitution strings.  Nothing has really worked
so far.

Any ideas?  Can I do what I'm trying to do?

Thank,
Scott

--
Scott Dickerson