[Ansible-service-broker] Dashboard Redirector PR merged to Master

Dylan Murray dymurray at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 15:19:41 UTC 2018

Hey all,

I want to bring attention this PR:
https://github.com/openshift/ansible-service-broker/pull/897

This was very recently merged into master and includes a noticeable change
to the deployment of the broker. You will now see two routes created in the
broker namespace along with a second container in the broker's pod. This
second container/route deploys what we are calling the "Dashboard
Redirector". Due to an oversight in the OSB spec, it was previously
impossible to set dashboard_url from an asynchronous provision. This second
container is a temporary workaround so that the broker can read a
provisioned dashboard URL from an APB and populate it in the web console.

>From the end user standpoint nothing should change and everything should
function normally. If you are interested in testing out the dashboard_url
functionality, I have written up some documentation here:
https://github.com/ansibleplaybookbundle/ansible-playbook-bundle/blob/master/docs/developers.md#dashboard-url.
You will need to build an APB with the 'canary' image in order to pick up
the newer Ansible Module.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know!
Dylan