boot up messages

Linux for blind general discussion blinux-list at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 18:22:37 UTC 2017

Tim replying.  Startup messages should be emitted using specific
kernel-log facilities.  The absence of such messages from your
`dmesg` output suggests one of a couple possible situations:

- the drivers are emitting the text via a facility that doesn't log
  things in the kernel's logs.  Maybe using the standard printf()
  functions instead of the kernel-log-specific printk() function

- the "ok, done" messages could be the doubletalk emitting responses
  to changes in settings sent by the driver.  That is, the driver does
  something like send a "hey, set the volume to 80%" and the
  doubletalk replies speaking "ok, done" without the messages ever
  appearing in the kernel or driver software

There might be other situations, but those are the first ones that
occur to me.  I'm not sure how I'd diagnose them though.  Perhaps the
doubletalk driver has the ability to increase logging levels and send
them to a specified file?

-tim