[Devtools] Fwd: [openshift-sme] Blog post on Debugging Java Application with the CDK

Marian Labuda mlabuda at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 09:20:19 UTC 2016

Nice,

Just 2 notes (I did not read it whole, just a quick overview). I've spotted
in section "Using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio to Connect to OpenShift"
that right double quotes are not rendered correctly. See:
Once complete, a connection called “openshift-dev
https://10.1.2.2:8443”

Second is just a thought. In the article is debugging done via starting
port forwarding and connecting remote java application. In tooling we have
much more sophisticated way to start debugging. OpenShift 3 Server Adapter
contains a context menu item Debug. Click on the item adds debug port specs
to deployment configuration, starts port forwarding and even attaches a
remote java application. From running application to being debugged
application in one click, if you omit steps to create a server adapter. To
create an OS 3 server adapter just select a service in OpenShift explorer
view and select Server Adapter. It opens wizard with preselected Eclipse
workspace project, OpenShift service etc. So in this way you can create an
adapter just by click on the Finish button.

Marián Labuda
JBoss JBDS QE