[Devtools] Created Issues

Praveen Kumar prkumar at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 05:09:25 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:09 AM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Budh Gurung <bgurung at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Burr,
>>
>> Comments inline.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 1) Fails on Windows 10 (clean machine, newly installed VirtualBox)
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/695
>>

>> I doubt you actually hit by this issue
>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDK-70.
>>
>> This happens when you don't have ssh.exe binary set in your PATH.
>>
>> We have observed that installing OpenSSH for Windows resolve this issue.
>>
>> Investigation is undergoing to know the actual reason.
>

> That sounds like it.  I am out of CDK on Windows testing time for several
> days but I might be able to try  a beta 4 when it becomes available.
>

>>> 2) Need an admin/admin user
>>>  https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/696
>>

>>  This I am not sure as we given 'developer' user a 'sudoer' role by
>> default and all
>> admin operations can be run with "--as system:admin".
>

> Right, but as a human, I need to be able to login to the console as admin
> :-)
>
> Damn humans/users.

Recently we added addons features[0], using that it's now easy
achievable. Matter of fact we add this as default addon so in next
internal release (Mostly on Tuesday next week) will not have this kind
of issues.

[0] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/command-ref/minishift_addons.html

>>> 3) Disk size?
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/697
>>

>> With `--disk-size` option in "start" command.
>> Check in more detail here
>>
>> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/command-ref/minishift_start.html
>

> Why is that not a "minishift config set disk-size 20gb" like memory and
> CPUs?
>>

>>> 4) --metrics true does not seem to work
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/698
>>

>> We had similar issue here
>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/606 .
>>

>>> 5) config set and view are out of order
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/699
>>

>> We couldn't find the value in the order of config values.
>> Would definitely like to hear if ordering config values achieve any
>> specific use case here.
>

> As a user, I expect 2 ordering schemes:
> 1) The order is consistent for every time I use "minishift config view",
> right not the order jumps around based on what was last "set this" or  "set
> that".  Basically the order is currently "random" from what I can tell
> or
> 2) The order based on my various "set this" and "set that".  So if I use
> "set memory 6000" then "set cpus 2" and then "set vm-driver virtualbox" then
> "config view" should display those same settings in that same order.
>
> Either approach would work for me :-)
>

>>> 6) version should be available prior to setup-cdk
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/700
>>

>> AFAIR, we did that in order detect whether binary is CDK binary
>> or upstream minishift binary. We might need to find another way
>> if we really want to see version before "setup-cdk".
>>
>> We checks the existance of cdk marker file in CDK binary which contains
>> information like cdk version (also used by devstudio).
>> "setup-cdk" step creates that marker file and hence you
>> get expected version after that.
>>
>> We don't do this check in upstream minishift binary.
>>

> I understand, it is just very weird for the end-user.  one of the biggest
> problems with any cli is "how do I know that I have the right one?"

>> Regards,
>> Budh Ram Gurung
>> Software Engineer - Devtools

Praveen Kumar