[Devtools] Created Issues

Budh Gurung bgurung at redhat.com
Fri Apr 7 03:43:43 UTC 2017

Hi Burr,

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 4:09 AM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Budh Gurung <bgurung at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Burr,
>>
>> Comments inline.
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:16 PM, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 1) Fails on Windows 10 (clean machine, newly installed VirtualBox)
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/695
>>>

>> I doubt you actually hit by this issue https://issues.jboss.org
>> /browse/CDK-70.
>>
>> This happens when you don't have ssh.exe binary set in your *PATH*.
>> We have observed that installing OpenSSH for Windows
>> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/sshwindows/> resolve this issue.
>>
>> Investigation is undergoing to know the actual reason.
>>

> That sounds like it.  I am out of CDK on Windows testing time for several
> days but I might be able to try  a beta 4 when it becomes available.
>

>>> 2) Need an admin/admin user
>>>  https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/696
>>>

>>  This I am not sure as we given 'developer' user a 'sudoer' role by
>> default and all
>> admin operations can be run with "--as system:admin".
>>

> Right, but as a human, I need to be able to login to the console as admin
> :-)
>
> Damn humans/users.
>

>>> 3) Disk size?
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/697
>>>

>> With `--disk-size` option in "start" command.
>> Check in more detail here
>> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/command-ref/mini
>> shift_start.html
>>

> Why is that not a "minishift config set disk-size 20gb" like memory and
> CPUs?

You can run exactly same command except 20gb and it will work :).

"gb" is not used as unit here. Valid units are b, k, m or g maps to Bytes,
KB, MB, or GB respectively.

Actual command is "minishift config set disk-size 20g"

In fact, you can use "config set" command to all the options/properties
listed here

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/command-ref/minishift_config.html

Hope it helps.

>>> 4) --metrics true does not seem to work
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/698
>>>

>> We had similar issue here https://github.com/minish
>> ift/minishift/issues/606 .
>>

>>> 5) config set and view are out of order
>>> https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/699
>>>

>> We couldn't find the value in the order of config values.
>> Would definitely like to hear if ordering config values achieve any
>> specific use case here.
>>

> As a user, I expect 2 ordering schemes:
> 1) The order is consistent for every time I use "minishift config view",
> right not the order jumps around based on what was last "set this" or  "set
> that".  Basically the order is currently "random" from what I can tell
> or

1st approach has been used as part of version 1.0.0-rc1. You might want to
look into it.