[Devtools] CDK 2.4 and Minishift CDK uses lots of CPU

James Strachan jstracha at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 13:53:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Hardy Ferentschik <hferents at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hate to break your heart, but just don't use xhyve.
> I know it is the "native" hypervisor on OS X, but imo is just not ready
> for prime time.

Docker for Mac was using xhyve. I notice their docs now talk about HyperKit
https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/install/#what-
to-know-before-you-install

I wonder if thats better/different to xhyve?

Certainly we need to try keep up with Docker for UX.

BTW I've used both VirtualBox/vagrant + xhyve and found xhyve to work
better & be much more snappy.
--
James
-------

Twitter: @jstrachan
Email: james.strachan at gmail.com
Blog: https://medium.com/@jstrachan/

fabric8: https://fabric8.io/
open source development platform

funktion: https://funktion.fabric8.io/
open source event based lambda programming