[Devtools] CDK 2.4 and Minishift CDK uses lots of CPU

Hardy Ferentschik hferents at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 20:21:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

> > +1 James - I never installed VB on my Mac, I did not face any issue with
> > xhyve personally unless some kits or programs corrupts my xhyve config.

Sure, I can only speak from my experience and it was not so good. Maybe part
of the problem is that while doing Minishift development, I sometimes end up
in an inconsistent state where I might need to kill/cleanup manually. xhyve
really gave me a hard time there.

> >> Why do I ever need a manager kind of ui ?? Its all simple scripts that
> > gets it going.. there is script generator called xhyve-maanger you can use
> > it as well.

If we are talking about the same manager, then the last time I looked it was just
able to create instances. One could not even do a ls or similar.

> > makes nearly impossible to setup like 3 nodes OSO/OCP, it might require lot of tweaks to
> > make it wolk but I don't have patience.
> >

> From an pure end-user perspective, they won't be setting up 3 nodes on
> their laptop.  They will be lucky to get a single node to work :-)

Right, same here. I am happy to be able to provision the MSA demo and not have
the whole thing crash. I am not sure which dev machine would have the grunt to
run three nodes locally.

--Hardy