[edk2-devel] Memory Operation Mode

Andrew Fish via Groups.Io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Wed Aug 21 19:55:16 UTC 2019

> On Aug 21, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Rafael Machado <rafaelrodrigues.machado at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone
>
> I would like to ask for some help regarding one question.
> How do I know how the memory communication was set by the BIOS/MRC/FSP during the initialization process?
> For example, I would like to know if the memory controller is working with the memories in single channel or dual channel mode.
>
> Didn't find anything related to this at the uefi spec.
> And seems the registers that may have this information are platform dependent, so no generic solution seems to be currently available.
>
> Any idea about how to have this information?

Rafael,

This is probably more of a PI kind of spec question, but the PI spec only really deals in how memory is discovered and registered with the PEI/DXE Core etc. There is not any infrastructure that abstracts this level of detail in PI.

In general the kind of info you are looking for would only exist in SMBIOS records. You could start with the Type 16, 17, 18, and 19 SMBIOS records. The code that configure the memory knows a lot, but the only standard way to communicate this info is via SMBIOS.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#46173): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/46173
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io