[edk2-devel] [edk2-announce] Re: Soft Feature Freeze starts now for edk2-stable202008

Abner Chang abner.chang at hpe.com
Wed Aug 19 13:34:07 UTC 2020

[Chang, Abner] yes

> (4) the external project wants -- for some strange reason -- edk2's
> "libfdt_env.h" to provide an strncmp() function (or function-like macro), with
> that particular stncmp() implementation not being needed in either edk2-
> platforms or edk2 itself,
[Chang, Abner] yes, at least so far

> (5) the patch for adding said strncmp() was posted on Aug 6th (at least when
> viewed from my time zone), i.e., before the SFF,
[Chang, Abner] Yes

> (6) it was reviewed 12 days later (within the SFF)
[Chang, Abner] yes.

> If my understanding is correct, then I don't see how this patch could be
> considered a bugfix -- even as a feature addition, it seems hardly justified to
> me --, and there would have been ~8 days before the SFF to review it.
>
> I think we should postpone the patch until after the stable tag.
This patch is important because the edk2-stable202008 would be the stable tag (if this patch is accepted) for booting RISC-V platform to Linux kernel with EFI Runtime service on either real platform and QEMU. We can publish this information in RISC-V community which is considered as a valuable milestone for RISC-V edk2 port.

View/Reply Online (#64431): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64431
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io