[edk2-devel] edk2-platforms, continuous integration, testing, and you

Pedro Falcato pedro.falcato at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 23:32:48 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 1:52 AM Sean Brogan <spbrogan at outlook.com> wrote:

> Pedro,
>
> Thanks.  Happy to get some feedback.  I hope others also provide
> feedback.  :)
>

> Regarding the Edk2 tools & CI meeting:  If we scheduled the Jan 16th
> meeting for Jan 17th at 8am Pacific (should be 5 pm your time) would that
> work?  In the meeting we have discussed that we need to rotate the time of
> the meetings to accommodate more world wide attendance and given the
> standard time would fall on a US holiday it seems like a good week to do
> it.  Could you make it that day?

I could make it work that day I believe, but only 2-3 hours later. Does
that work for you folks?

> At a minimum we could talk about your packages:
>
> Like should ext4 really depend on redfishpkg?  More likely the library
> should be promoted to a more "core" package.

Should? No. I just haven't had the patience to send a patch moving the
BaseUcs2Utf8Lib to somewhere more central like MdeModulePkg.

> Could your qemu open board pkg be built using stuart and setup to run
> tests?  More details about the goals and plans for the qemu open board
> pkg.

Great questions. Probably? It should just work and actually be able to run
tests.
Re: goals and plans, I do have a few ideas but they're all very unclear. We
haven't had much community engagement wrt QemuOBP, it's definitely
something that could be explored (CC Isaac and Theo, who might want to show
up or chime in).

Thanks,
Pedro

View/Reply Online (#98037): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/98037