No file system full message

Dwaine Mark md_work599 at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 17:35:06 UTC 2007

Hello, I am fairly new to RH Linux but very experienced in unix. I am trying to generate a file system full message when I fill up an ext3 file system. Once the file system fills up I am expecting a message like File System xxxx full. but I do not get this or any message. I have modified the lvm.conf to send to syslog and set the messages to as verbose as I can. I get lvm mesages in the file but nogting when the file system is full. Can someone tell me what has to be done to get the file system full message and in my syslog.
Thanks