ext3 limits?

Theodore Tso tytso at MIT.EDU
Fri May 2 14:51:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:57:55PM +0200, Christian Kujau wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008, Juri Haberland wrote:
>> I'll update the FAQ as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks for maintaining the FAQ! Oh, and it's even referenced by the Ext3
> Wikipedia article, so it really *is* important ;-)

Juri, would you have any objections to moving the FAQ to
ext4.wiki.kernel.org?  It might be easier to update the FAQ there.
I'll note that since it was last updated in 2004, there are a number
of questions that are mostly out of date, such as all references to
Linux 2.2, and things like ``How do I convert the journal file from
version 1 to version 2?''.

With your permission, we can mirror the questions onto
ext4.wiki.kernel.org, amd then if you would be willing to put a
redirect to new location, that would be great.

Note that the ext4.wiki.kernel.org is designed to cover ext2/3 topics
in addition to ext4 issues.

					- Ted