[Fedora-ia64-list] (Very Rough) Build How To

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 18:16:47 UTC 2007

Doug Chapman wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 13:09 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
>
>> c) Use pungi (available in Everything) to rebuild the F7 distro.  This
>> will
>> result.  pungi config files are in F7/logs/pungi.
>>

> Prarit,
>
> The above doesn't make sense.  Typos?

Sorry -- s/This will result/This will result in DVD and nfs installable
images/g
> In general the instructions look good although I have not tried them
> myself yet.  The one thing I would like to see more of is it sounds like
> you needed to do some manual intervention to get some of the stuff to
> build.  It would be helpful if you could post notes on some of that to
> prevent others from having to solve the same problems that you have
> already done.

Sure -- there were some dependencies in Everything that required me to
go and hunt down specific RPMS (see the needed_for_70 file in the F7
tree).  In addition to that there was a strange circular dependency that
I could not resolve with mkisofs:

mkisofs has been replaced by cdrkit's genisoimage.

In order to build cdrkit I did the following:

1.  Downloaded cmake-2.4.6.tar.gz from cmake.org
2.  Installed source tgz, built, and installed cmake binary
3.  Grabbed

        cmake-2.4.6-3.fc7.src.rpm
        xmlrpc-c-1.06.11-2.fc7.src.rpm
        cdrkit-1.1.2-4.fc7.src.rpm

4.  Built xmlrpc-c binaries via

        rpmbuild --rebuild --nodeps xmlrpc-c-1.06.11-2.fc7.src.rpm

5.  After yum update to install xml-rpm-c-devel, built cmake binaries via

        rpmbuild --rebuild cmake-2.4.6-3.fc7.src.rpm

6.  After yum update to installc cmake, built cdrkit binaries via

        rpmbuild --rebuild cdrkit-1.1.2-4.fc7.src.rpm

7.  Via yum update installed genisoimage.

There is also a lot of looking at logs (from the rpmbuilds) to determine
why a build failed....

P.