ConVirt Package

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 01:50:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 09:32:09AM -0800, jd wrote:
> Hi
>
>    I am Jd owner/maintainer of the ConVirt project on
>    Sourceforge. We are Virtualization Management tool for managing
>    VM Lifecycle for Xen and KVM environments. More details about our
>    project can be found at http://www.convirt.net.
>
>    We do most of our development on Fedora and generate RPMs
>    too. The spec file is also part of the distribution. We would
>    like become part of the fedora distribution/repository. This
>    would make our package easily accessible to our community. Would
>    like to understand the process and stream line it to the extend
>    that newest releases of ConVirt are almost immediately available
>    to community via repository.
>
>   Xavier.t Lamien has been kind and have been trying to help us with
>   this, but has been swamped by other things. Would appreciate if
>   someone can guide us to make some progress on this.

Sounds very interesting.  Does ConVirt use any of the other virt tools
around Fedora, such as libvirt?

People on this list might be interested in trading initial package
reviews.  When you've got packages in review, you could bring them
here for a trade.

Have you been through the package maintainers joining process and read
the packaging guidelines?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Is there anywhere specifically you are stuck?

Cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41