[fedora-my] Getting a refund on Windows

Ahmad Zulkarnain sniffit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 03:50:57 UTC 2009

currently AFAIK none of the major laptop/netbook manufacturers allows us
to fully customize what we want in the package. there are only a few
brands that actually ship products without Winblowz pre-installed
namely  Asus (prepackaged with Red Flag linux, chinese distro,
non-useable if you can't read chinese characters), lower end HP and
Toshiba (both ships with freeDOS). these often either a) not having all
the bells and whistles that comes with a purchase that has Winblowz in
them (my current Asus K40IJ doesn't even have a bluetooth module or a
dvd writer FFS) or b) slightly subpar in terms of hardware performance.

not sure if Voodoo or Alienware products comes with the similar setup as
I have no experience in dealing with them. but it would be nice to get a
notebook with specs that we want without the bloatware that is Winblowz
preinfected into that system.

on a side note, since 802.11n is no longer draft, i wonder if i can get
my wireless module changed.

just my 2 cents.