Fedora Legacy needs help!

Mark J Cox mjc at redhat.com
Mon Oct 9 07:53:20 UTC 2006

> We need help!  Any suggestions/advice on how/where we can get help getting our
> work done?

Would limiting the scope of errata support help stop Legacy being
overwhelmed with updates?

In my opinion if Legacy was a project that fixed only security issues
rated severity critical (plus say kernel privilege escalation issues), it
would still be providing an important level of protection to users whilst
limiting the amount of work.  For example for Enterprise Linux 4 we issued
about 20 updates a year that would fall into this category.
http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/classification/

In fact this is something we've started to do for Red Hat products; the
Red Hat Application Stack product comes with two years of full support,
followed by a year of security support for critical severity issues only.

Mark