Fedora Legacy needs help!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 9 14:59:08 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 03:53, Mark J Cox wrote:
> Would limiting the scope of errata support help stop Legacy being
> overwhelmed with updates?
>
> In my opinion if Legacy was a project that fixed only security issues
> rated severity critical (plus say kernel privilege escalation issues), it
> would still be providing an important level of protection to users whilst
> limiting the amount of work.  For example for Enterprise Linux 4 we issued
> about 20 updates a year that would fall into this category.
> http://www.redhat.com/security/updates/classification/

I think this might be acceptable.  We're still in a major hole wrt RHL7.3/RHL9
and FC3/4 that we'd have to dig our way out of, even if we limited it to
Critical severity stuff, and this is where we need some initial help to dig
our way out to a manegable workflow.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora