setsebool sandbox error on FC6

Arthur M. Kang arthur at levelogic.com
Thu Nov 2 11:02:23 UTC 2006

On a fresh install of FC6, I'm getting errors when trying to use the
setsebool command.

# setsebool httpd_disable_trans 1
libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while renaming
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active to
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
Could not change policy booleans

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?  Is there a problem on my
end?  Is there a fix?

Although the error message is generated, the boolean does get set.
However, the -P switch doesn't work and the boolean won't stick across
reboots.

Is there an alternate method to remotely configure booleans that stick
across reboots?

Any help is appreciated.

Arthur