setsebool sandbox error on FC6

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Thu Nov 2 13:25:01 UTC 2006

(please disable html mail at least when posting to public lists)

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 03:02 -0800, Arthur M. Kang wrote:
> On a fresh install of FC6, I'm getting errors when trying to use the
> setsebool command.
>
> # setsebool httpd_disable_trans 1
> libsemanage.semanage_commit_sandbox: Error while
> renaming /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active
> to /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/previous.
> Could not change policy booleans

This usually means that there is a labeling problem with /etc/selinux.
Run /sbin/restorecon -R /etc/selinux/targeted/modules.  Then try again.
Check for audit messages in /var/log/messages
or /var/log/audit/audit.log (the latter if running auditd).