Two issues

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Wed Sep 27 23:11:22 UTC 2006

>> allow ftpd_t user_home_dir_t:dir write;
>>
>> Am I missing something ?
>>
>> TIA!
>
> How was that local.te file generated?   In any event, assuming you are
> trying to build it as a module, it needs to declare any required
> permissions in its require block, which can either be done explicitly or
> by using the policy_module() macro.  Otherwise, the compiler doesn't
> know that it is an external dependency.

   That was what I needed !

   As you can tell, I am a "newby" to this modular version.

   A fixfiles ran to help the DBUS issue, "fixed" me all right, the
vsftpd daemon is (*was*) kaput. (It worked fine *before* the fixfiles) I
have created a working policy to resurrect the service. Being as I had
not changed anything, besides running "yum update" on a virgin install,
I suspect FC5 users are currently one "fixfiles" away from replicating
my dilemma.. (I replicated this on another virgin system, as a sanity test.)

  So, just a FYI, heads up, and a Thank You!

PPS: Any suggestions on recovering those DBUS messages, would be
*greatly* appreciated...  it is kind of hard to audit, without an audit
trail.

<humor>
   Say, the person who did that work didn't previously work for Diebold,
did they ?    :-P
</humor>