Two issues

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 14:40:39 UTC 2006

Richard Irving wrote:
> Well, this is a near virgin install of FC5.....

Please yum update to get to the latest SELinux tool chain and policy.
Lots of bug fixes have gone in.
There is a boolean to allow ftp to access users homedirectories which
you could set

setsebool -P ftp_home_dir=1

> (Actually, it *is* virgin)
>
>   It is a bit cumbersome to hand audit, and create policy without
> audit2allow  to predigest it...
>
> Worse, without the AVC's making it to actual logging, it is a silent
> death, in terms of knowing *what* has failed, and why...
The dbus avc message is not that important.  It is basically saying
userspace dbus can not send audit messages.  This fix is too stop
trying, in userspace.

Regular avc message should be going to /var/log/messages or
/var/log/audit/audit.log