[Freeipa-devel] DNS and replication

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 20:13:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

According to design the DNS would be able to write to the DS storage.
What is the impact of the DNS updates to the replication? How frequent
are these updates?
If we in future move to the read only replicas how would DNS updates be
affected?
Should we think about this situation now and at least assess how we are
going to configure DNS in case of the RO replica?
Will we have clients to update only DNS on masters or we will use
forwarding but them if the volume is high would there be a performance
issue.

Martin, please track this discussion and update wiki page accordingly.

Thanks
Dmitri