[Freeipa-devel] using with samba

William Baker bbaker at priefert.com
Mon Oct 27 19:41:21 UTC 2008

My question was about both, though vague.  For samba 3.2, the objective
would be NT4 domain controller, and for samba 4.0 the objective would be
AD domain controller.

I've since narrowed my objective to AD domain controller.  I've been
following the mail list, but haven't been able to characterize the
magnitude of changes going into 4.0 or its usability.  I was hoping to
see another alpha release to use as a starting point.  I think I'm just
going to have to dive into the git repository and see what happens.

I haven't done anything on it yet, but I know where to start.  With any
luck, I'll start putting the pieces together later this week.

bbaker