[Freeipa-devel] Let me introduce myself ... (working with sssd)

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sun Apr 12 21:56:26 UTC 2009

Miguel P.C. wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> Hi Stephen, hi Simo.

Welcome Miguel!
There are couple channels on irc.freenode.net #freeipa and
#freeipa-devel that you might want to join then.

> My name is Miguel Pérez Colino and I'm currently working in my Master's
> Final Proyect which is focused in FreeIPA and Ubuntu.
>
> My background in systems administration is pretty good, but I can't say
> the same about my programming and packaging skills. (Although I packaged
> updated versions of NUT for RH9 some years ago).
>
> Right now, I'd like to start making an SSSD package for Ubuntu and I'm
> looking for the needed documentation to read (specially about the
> compilation/building part). Any advice will be really welcomed.

Some information about the design of the sssd can be found on the
www.freeipa.org.
The best way to become familiar with the project is to look at the git
repository for it.
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/browser
We had a round of significant changes recently but now hopefully the
tree is stable.

> Please, if I'm writting to the wrong list or asking for already written
> information, let me know. I really do not want to be unpolite :-)

This is the right place and the right team.
Do not hesitate to ask.
We will try to help you as much as we can.
We are at a bit of pressure before mid of the week but after it we might
be able to help you more.

I am also a novice to the project's code and trying to learn and contribute.
If you can send me the specific questions you want to know answers to I
will be glad try to answer them.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> M*

Thank you,