[Freeipa-devel] Let me introduce myself ... (working with sssd)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Sun Apr 12 22:13:33 UTC 2009

Miguel P.C. wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> Hi Stephen, hi Simo.
>
> My name is Miguel Pérez Colino and I'm currently working in my Master's
> Final Proyect which is focused in FreeIPA and Ubuntu.
>
> My background in systems administration is pretty good, but I can't say
> the same about my programming and packaging skills. (Although I packaged
> updated versions of NUT for RH9 some years ago).
>
> Right now, I'd like to start making an SSSD package for Ubuntu and I'm
> looking for the needed documentation to read (specially about the
> compilation/building part). Any advice will be really welcomed.
>
> Please, if I'm writting to the wrong list or asking for already written
> information, let me know. I really do not want to be unpolite :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> M*

Hello, Miguel. We would absolutely like to work with you to get SSSD
running on Ubuntu. Right now, the build system is in a little bit of
flux (I'm working on a patch that should be available in the source tree
sometime tomorrow). Once that's done, you can find a good resource on
building in the BUILD.txt in the root of the source checkout. Please
note that right now the BUILD.txt is a bit out of date, so I'll let you
know when it's updated.

Beyond the BUILD.txt, another good reference is in the sssd.spec located
in the root of the source checkout. It's moderately Fedora-specific, but
it would give you a pretty good idea of exactly the configure flags that
we're using.

Welcome to the SSSD project!

- --
Stephen Gallagher