[Freeipa-devel] Some thoughts about renaming SSSD

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 18:23:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

For the last week I was thinking a lot about the alternative name of the
SSSD.
It came to me that the SSSD is actually an Client Side Identity Services
Framework.
Well, sounds like CSI: SF for me :-)
We can drop SF. Leaving just CSI.

Other idea was ISF - Identity Services Framework.
Other idea was ISI - Identity Services Infrastructure.
We can also go with ISP - Identity Services Platform
Or actually to APIS - Agent Platform Identity Services.
And a slogan:
"APIS is a piece of functionality that brings you a peace of mind!"

Just some thoughts...

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal