[Freeipa-devel] Automount Documentation

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 01:46:07 UTC 2011

OK, Just looked at what we have on Automount:

http://obriend.fedorapeople.org/freeIPA2.0/Identity_and_Policy_Management_Guide/html-single/#sect-Enterprise_Identity_Management_Guide-Configuring_Automount

It doesn't have any examples of the ipa commands a user would run.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

1.  Create a new locations:  pretty easy, ipa automountlocation-add is
pretty easy to figure out, and a location doesn't really need that much
in the way of configuring.

2.  Create a new map:  Ok, direct or indirect?  which is the more
common, and which is the corner case?  I'm guessing that direct is the
more common, but the docs are not helpful:

     automountmap-add AUTOMOUNTLOCATION MAP [options]

and no automount specific options are listed, besides description.

add indirect map is a little more expressive:

   --mount=STR      Mount point
   --parentmap=STR  Name of parent automount map (default: auto.master).

I tried running this command and both of these are required parameters,
although they are not annotated as such.

Is it true that only an indirect map has a mount point?

Moving on to Keys:

automountkey-add AUTOMOUNTLOCATION AUTOMOUNTMAP [options]
   --key=IA5STR   Automount key name.
   --info=IA5STR  Mount information

Not too bad.  That is pretty clear.

The step by step here looks better.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_freeipav2_automount

Anyone that understands this care to illuminate me?