[Freeipa-devel] Correct xmlrpc-c version?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 15:42:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 10:07 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> I checked today to see if we have a new xmlrpc-c package that meets our
> release requirements for 2.1. I see that 1.27.4 was build earlier today
> for F16 and F17 with the changelog comment just saying it was upgraded
> to latest upstream (is that our fix?). The upstream tarball does not
> have a changelog :-( but there is a reference to this URL for change
> history:
>
> http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/change.html
>
> But not much useful information there either.
>
> Can someone tell me *exactly* what it is we're waiting for so I can be
> sure we've got the right release? Also it doesn't look like there has
> been a rebuild of F15 for a long time so even if F16 and F17 have 1.27.4
> and 1.27.4 is what we're looking for (is it?) then that still doesn't
> meet our needs because we're targeting F15 right?

Good news is that the problem in curl package has been fixed and was
built for F-15:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/curl-7.21.3-9.fc15

But we need this change to be propagated to the xmlrpc-c too. As you
wrote, there is already a fixed version for F-16 and F-17:
xmlrpc-c-1.16.24. I checked the source code, the GSSAPI delegation fix
should be there. We just need to ask them to release an update for F-15
too. Adding xmlrpc-c Fedora owner to the CC list. Enrico, can you please
release the package for F-15 too?

When all this is ready, I plan to immediately send a patch & update
our .spec to make this work on F-15.

Martin