[Freeipa-devel] Long overdue review of the UI guide

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 15:41:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I finally got some time to review the UI spec.
I found some minor and major issues. I do not have latest UI in front of
me so please check that nothing is missing or incorrect based on the
concerns below.

1) How many results we display in the facet list (like members of a
goup)? What if there are many (thousands of group members)? Will we
display them all? Or we provide a filter? But I do not see a filter for
the facet lists in the spec so either the spec is wrong or we have a
problem in UI.
2) Details pages header is the same as any other header not just "lis"
pages.
3) After modal add dialog was used the spec says that the: "After the
entity is added the modal closes returning to the list page". Does the
list get refreshed automatically in this case or not? Is filter
preserved or not?
4) Action panel description State 2. See notes section. The first bullet
in notes is confusing. The delete button should be grayed when there is
no selection while the link should be enabled only if there is a single
selection. If there are multiple selections the links should be grayed.
5) Action Panels in state 3. Table includes reference to Kyle by name :-)
6) The UI in multiple places in the example of the action panel says
"Net Groups" but in the text of document it is correct: "Netgroups".
Please make sure that the correct wording is used in the actual UI, i.e.
Netgroups - one word.
7) What is the status of the pages: "Hosts I Manage" "Hosts Managing me"
"Service I Manage"? Are they a part of the UI? Do not remember them.
Please double check.
8) Do we have the membership in the Netgroups as a facet for users,
groups, host groups, hosts and netgroups. Please double check that in
all 5 cases we have the correct facet in UI.
9) Do we have a facet "Hosts Managing Me" for the services? Do not
remember them being there. Please double check.
10) Kyle, Ben in the action panel for the cases when we have several sub
items as in HBAC for example the the ungrouped facet label (indented)
has the same size and style as other (unindented) section labels. This
is confusing. I suggest the ungrouped facet label should be of a
different style. IMO it is confusing now.
11) I have not seen anything about DNS or automount in the spec. Is it
intentional or omission?

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal