[Freeipa-devel] ipa-replica-manage help

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed May 11 23:52:41 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 07:23 PM, Michael Gregg wrote:

> I'm having problem using ipa-replica-manage. Can anybody help?
>
> I have this setup with a master and a replica.
>
> [root at ipaqavmf ~]# ipa-replica-manage list
> ipaqavmh.testrelm: master
> ipaqavmf.testrelm: master
>
> First off, I cannot disconnect a replica:
>
> From ipaqavmh:
> [root at ipaqavmh ~]# ipa-replica-manage disconnect ipaqavmf.testrelm
> Cannot remove the last replication link of 'ipaqavmh.testrelm'
> Please use the 'del' command to remove it from the domain
>
> So, I try "del":
>
> [root at ipaqavmh ~]# ipa-replica-manage del ipaqavmf.testrelm
> Unable to delete replica ipaqavmf.testrelm: {'desc': "Can't contact
> LDAP server"}
>
> How do I delete ipaqavmf from this agreement?
>
> Is disconnecting and re-connecting a replica server what
> ipa-replica-manage for?
>
> Help please.

Any logs?
It seems that there is a problem accessing the DS server.
Is it running?

There is probably a bug somewhere there in the logic, but the question
is: are you allowed to orphan a replica and remove the last replication
agreement?
Based on the output above the assumption seems to be that it is not
allowed but this might be a wrong assumption.

Thoughts?